Trust is a grass roots non-partisan community organization in Troy Michigan
The City of Troy’s core services, including quality of life venues, are retained to the highest practical level leaving it in good position to ride out the economic downturn with a reputation as a vibrant, safe, and family and business friendly city with excellent services high on the list of great places to live, work, invest, learn and play.
Our mission is to be a respected, diverse and nonpartisan coalition that helps Troy residents collectively achieve our civic potential by advancing ideas, enabling understanding, and provoking constructive dialogue throughout the community while promoting outcomes that benefit the entire community.
More about us
If you are new to us, here’s some background information so you know how we came to be.
- TRUST came together in January 2011, a convergence of several different voices in the Troy community who found they shared an immediate concern: the need to keep Troy strong and save its amenities and services from a groundswell of misinformation and misunderstanding.
- TRUST transcends politics with its membership comprised of Republicans, Democrats, and a whole host of folks who fall somewhere in the middle. It is cross-generational in makeup, and includes men, women, singles, married, parents, grandparents … all unified by a common desire: to protect the stellar city services that are an underpinning to their home values and the sense of community that brought them to live in Troy in the first place.
- TRUST is infused with tremendous experience, including research, finance, engineering, education, communication, marketing, IT, and management consulting.
- TRUST is a non-partisan group that seeks tax efficiency and fiscal responsibility.
- TRUST is truly grassroots in nature, comprised completely of volunteers.
- TRUST is civic-minded, with an aim to be a rational voice in Troy.
- TRUST is striving to thoroughly and objectively investigate the facts.
- TRUST is citing its sources so you can check the facts, too.
- TRUST endeavors to be your one-stop source for unbiased information about Troy.